Tombow Dual Brush Pen fanatics unite! There is an easy way to get an organic watercolor wash on your background without using a paintbrush!
Here's what you'll need:
1. Color sections of your ziplock bag going from lightest to darkest colors.
2. Spritz your paper 2-3 times to get some moisture on it.
3. Spritz your ziplock bag 2-3 times to get the colors ready to mingle.
4. Apply color side of ziplock to wet side of watercolor paper.
5. Keep it there for a hot second and press your fingers over the bag to spread the color around!
6. Pull up from one end and let the excess water spread over the "splotch."
Write on it and voila!
Common problems include not having enough water on the bag or paper. Practice first to get the ratio right. The colors should move a bit but not be dripping off the page.